Tax season is around the corner with so many counting on their tax refunds.Consequently, let’s look at the IRS Tax calendar to find out when are 2022 taxes due ? In addition, let’s answer some pressing questions concerning about the 2022 overhaul tax process.
Tax Dates for 2022
a.1) What day can you file taxes 2021?
Per the IRS ( Internal Revenue Service), taxpayers can begin filing their 2021 tax returns on Monday, January 24, 2022. In addition, IRS has highlighted key important dates to keep in mind. Which means 2022 taxes are due from January 24,2022.
b.1) Key filing season dates 2022
- January 14 : IRS Free File opens. Taxpayers can begin filing returns through IRS Free File partners; tax returns will be transmitted to the IRS starting.
- January 18 : Due date for tax year 2021 fourth-quarter estimated tax payment.
- January 24 : Tax software companies also are accepting tax filings in advance.
- January 28 : Earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day to raise awareness of valuable tax credits available to many people – including the option to use prior-year income to qualify.
- April 18 : Due date to file 2021 tax return or request extension and pay tax owed due to Emancipation Day holiday in Washington, D.C., even for those who live outside the area.
- April 19 : Due date to file 2021 tax return or request extension and pay tax owed for those who live in MA or ME due to Patriots’ Day holiday.
- October 17 : Due date to file for those requesting an extension on their 2021 tax returns.
2022 tax refund and credit
CIs there a CTC for 2022?
Yes. In January 2022, the IRS will send you Letter 6419 to provide the total amount of advance Child Tax Credit payments that were disbursed to you during 2021.
Will tax refunds be smaller in 2022?
Because of the American Rescue Plan that provided economical relief for American families in time of need such as the Unemployement benefit and the Child Tax Credit; tax experts are warning Americans to be ready for smaller tax refund in 2022.
Infact the following video from MSNBC capitalizes on a pratical case of an ordinary American family to explains more: