Carpooling is best known as the activity of making a regular journey in a single car. Usually, two or more people come to an agreement to take turns to drive the others. However, one person can drive each commute. In addition, the model involves all sort of mobility vehicles.
Carpooling is a great way to organize your commute among colleagues, classmates, neighbors, friends or even family members. Whether, it is for grocery shopping, work, school, sports games, or any social activities, this system turns out to be extremely useful and effective. Nevertheless, it is important to have everything agree upon such as the cost-sharing, the driving arrangement, driving responsibilities, beforehand.
Advantages of carpooling :
- Increase well-being: less time driving equates to a better health condition and a better overall sense of well-being. There is growing evidence of correlation car pollution with some health diseases.
- Save money: you will save a lot of money on car insurance, car maintenance, parking, gas, and lease every month
- Cut down on traffic: nothing worst like traffic especially after a long day.
- Cut down on pollution: for those concerned with the environmental impact generated by main cars on our road, carpooling will be an alternative.
- Community buddy: one of the biggest benefits of this type of commute is the social bond and network that you creates within your community.
Wanna learn more about carpooling:
Find a carpooling program near you: www.rideshare.org