To win any lottery, people think you need luck. Certainly, there is some truth. Nonetheless, you also need to have some strategies. One of the most effective strategies is to pool resources.
Investing money in a pool to win any lottery games comes into many shades. Usually, two or more people pool their money together for a chance to clinch the jackpot. But among the myriads, an office lottery pool that involves co-workers, family members, or even friends is one of the most challenging. That’s because a win can draw you together or it can land you all in court. Indeed, there are numerous stories of people who were cheated or things after winning.
Take some precautions to avoid any disputes or even potential lawsuits. You can take these steps to escape most of the hurdles and safeguard yourself and your interests.
- Name a leader you trust: decide who is going to buy the tickets, make copies, keep the records, etc.
- Create a contract: a simple contract that spells out the big issue will go a long way in preventing any future conflict. Mainly the idea is to agree on general rules. The contract can include who is playing, how often, fix the amount for buy-in, how you will claim winnings, provide copies of the winning tickets, whether you will let the computer choose the numbers or if someone will choose the numbers, etc.
- Make it public: it is important to make the contract public to all participants to eliminate any uncertainty around co-workers’ involvement.
- Make copies of the tickets: share copies of tickets before drawing with all participants.
- Keep the tickets safe: Safe the tickets but make sure all participants in the process can get access to them.
- Set the contributing amount per person: make sure all participants pay the same amount of money. That is because you want to avoid any unnecessary arguments.
- Set playing rules and how the money will either be reinvested in the next lottery or shared
Advantages of investing in a Lottery Pool :
- Increase your chances of winning the jackpot: a single ticket has 1 in 296 million chance of winning. Effectively, a pool will increase the probability by leveraging the power of the community.
- Create a strong sense of belonging: undeniably participating in activities bring people together.
Learn more :
- Check this wikihow: https://www.wikihow.com/Organize-a-Lottery-Pool
- Check this excellent reportage by ABC channel focuses on the office pool.
In conclusion, always keep in mind your playing with your income or your household income. So, please be careful and mindful.
6,828 total views, 1 views today