Phone bills are one of the biggest spends after housing, grocery, and utility. If you are not careful it can quickly escalate and take out a hefty part of your monthly paycheck. Can you actually find a way to save money on phone bills? An appropriate answer to the question can be daunting with little knowledge. However, here are some options available that can help you lower your phone bill.
5 tips to save money on phone bill
- Add lines: At first, it might sound odds because add lines will actually increase your bill. But splitting with other people will reduce what you each pay. Moreover, the more line you add the better overall price you receive.
2. Use wifi when you can: Data coverages can add up quickly, and some providers charge a premium. Yet make sure you stay within your monthly limit. Consequently try to use wifi connection whenever it’s available at home, work, coffee shops or malls. If you are on the go don’t use your data to download, stream video, music or listen to podcasts.
3. Swap phones with your community: Some plans include the price of a new phone. Try to keep your phone longer and resist calls for a new phone. If you need a new phone just try and swap with another person that might be looking for a new phone but don’t want to pay for it. You can start by leveraging your family, friends and immediate environment.
4. Get a corporate discount: Chances are your company has a partnership with a specific mobile carrier, try and take advantage. Usually depending on the size of your company you can get a very good deal. Nevertheless, the challenge will come from the carrier choice and the duration and the terms of your commitment.
5. Cost-share with an employer: You could conduct business on your personal phone for your employer. This could include phone calls, email, and others. Or you could simply use the business phone for your personal business. Obviously, you want to make sure the company has a cost-sharing policy in place or your employer participate in phone reimbursement.
Takeaways: How To Save Money on Phone Bill
The above tips are not exhaustive but reflect edulers’ contribution to the topic. By implementing those you will be able to save money. As usual, community financial empowerment is central to our actions and ideas.