Finding ways how to save money on car insurance while getting good coverage without breaking the bank is one of the top car owner priorities. Indeed if you own an automobile, vehicle insurance is imperative and you’ll be grateful to have it after an accident. However, you don’t want to spend a fortune on a policy. Here are some ideas that can help you save big on your policy.
Takeaways: How To Save Money on Car Insurance
Here are some tips that leverage the power of the community. We will organize these tips into three groups. Group A, explore memberships, affiliated organizations, or family. Group B, weighing alternatives of vehicle ownership and group C financial transactions.
- Ask about group insurance: Some companies offer a special price to car owners who get insurance through a group plan. Indeed by aggregating demand, these groups negotiate a discount price on behalf of their members. Find out in your company, school, professional organization, alumni, or faith group.
- Family discount: Consider asking for a family discount especially when you all get your insurance from the same insurance.
- Get Cheaper Rates as a Full-Time Parent: Full-time parents will pay cheaper vehicle insurance rates than working parents. That’s because you’re not commuting to work every day.
- Get Auto Insurance Through Costco: If you’re a Costco member, then you may be entitled to cheap auto insurance. Costco has partnered with Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance to offer surprisingly cheap auto insurance rates. Depending on your region, Costco may be the cheapest auto insurance, provider. Check with your local Costco representative.
- Combination homeowners policy and car insurance policy: This is a very smart strategy. By combining two or more policies from the same agency chances are you will save money. If you happen to have separate agencies find out how you can consolidate all the policies through one agency.
B: Alternatives to car ownership
- Consider Renting a Car Instead of Buying a Second Vehicle: Some families have two cars. Both parents work in place not accessible to public transport and in different parts of the city, in this case, two cars are a necessity. But if both parents work in the same direction or at places accessible to public transport why having two cars? Consider renting when you need a car for a specific short situation such as vacation, road trip or etc…
- Carpool to Work: If you don’t like the idea of using a bus or a train as for commuting then consider carpooling to work. You can even carpool to work with your spouse if you work in the same area. Whether it’s with a spouse or coworker, carpooling significantly reduces the number of miles on your car every year.
- Take Public Transit: The fewer miles you put on your car every year, the less money you’ll pay for insurance. Thus consider taking public transit to work every day.
- Ride Sharing Services: Ride-sharing services help you to avoid insurance We’re not just talking about Uber and Lyft or taking taxis everywhere: today, vehicle sharing companies like Car2Go, ZipCar, and AutoShare are available in cities across North America. You can rely on to errands across the city such as grocery, outings or medical visits.
- Drive a car that’s cheap to insure: Before you buy your next car, check car insurance rates for the models you’re considering. The vehicle you drive affects your car insurance premium, particularly if you buy collision and comprehensive coverage. Safe and moderately priced vehicles such as minivans and small SUVs tend to be cheaper to insure than flashy and expensive cars.
C: Financial transactions
- Pay your Insurance Upfront: You can save a lot of money by paying your insurance in full upfront.
- Work with a Direct Insurer Instead of an Insurance Broker: A broker’s job is to find you the cheapest rate on car insurance. However, you typically pay a fee for this service. Sometimes, you can save a considerable amount of money by working with a direct insurer.
Conclusion: How To Save Money on Car Insurance
Unfortunately, car insurance is a necessary expense even though it is costly. However to save on money on your car insurance, whatever your age, social status, and driving experiences there are plenty of ways to save a significant amount of money.