MoneyGram helps people move money abroad and it also provides a vast variety of financial services including a MoneyGram money order. If you are looking to fill out a MoneyGram money order for the first time? Master these things to avoid any mistakes. Indeed it is important to make sure the form comes out correctly and properly written.
10 things to remember
1. The amount you paid matches the amount printed on the money order.
The last thing you will want to avoid any mistakes or discrepancies between what is written on your money order and the amount you need to send.
2. Keep track of the location where the money order was purchased in case of any disputes or issues.
Money order services are available in many locations around your city of residences. However, each has a unique identifier. Hence, going back to the exact location where the operation was performed is often recommendable for any fix. Even though, you can take advantage of the 24/7 online customer service.
3. Write the Payee Name: the name has to be an exact match with the recipient government-issued ID. Typically, the line starts with “pay to the order of”.
This is a very critical step. I will suggest before writing the payee’s name. You request a picture of the person’s government-issued ID. As a consequence, you will know the proper spelling and the name order of the recipient. Because if there are any mistakes either in the name orders, or spelling the payment will not be processed.
4. Write the account number if you’re paying a bill. It’s very common to find money orders that have a “payment for/account number” field.
Before you write the account number make sure you double-check the account information properly.
5. Fill out your information as the purchaser/remitter/sender in the respective field. In addition, use your full legal name and your current mailing address.
10 things to remember: Continued
6. Sign the front of the MoneyGram Money Order: This makes the money order official. The back is to be signed by the recipient before collecting the money.
MoneyGram Money Order is just like checks. You have to have to sign the front to make it valid. In addition, the recipient have to endorse it by signing the back.
7. Keep the Money Order receipt
As proof of purchase, it has tracking information for monitoring. Also in case the money order is stolen, misplaced or lost you can use the receipt as a reference. Store the money order in a safe place. Usually, the detachable part should be your receipt.
8. Where to find Money Orders?
MoneyGram orders are only available at banks, credit unions, financial institutions, post offices, delis, and some retail chain stores.
9. How to purchase a Money Order?
You can purchase a Money Order with cash, traveler’s checks or your debit card. However, you can take advantage of the cash advance perks of your credit card. But it would generate high-interest rates and fees.
10. Amount limit: in general Money Orders are limited to less than $1000.
16,765 total views, 7 views today