MoneyGram helps people move money abroad and it also provides a vast variety of financial services including a MoneyGram money order. If you are looking to fill out a MoneyGram money order for the first time? Master these things to avoid any mistakes. Indeed, it is important to make sure the form comes out correctly and properly written.
1. How To fill MoneyGram Money order
When you get the location, take your time and fill out the form properly. Also, do not hesitate to ask for help when necessary.
10 things to remember
- The amount you paid matches the amount printed on the money order
The last thing you will want to avoid is any mistakes or discrepancies between what is written on your money order and the amount you need to send.
- Keep track of the location where the money order was purchased in case of any disputes or issues.
Money order services are available in many locations around your city of residences. However, each has a unique identifier. Hence, going back to the exact location where the operation was performed is often recommendable for any fix. Even though, you can take advantage of the 24/7 online customer service.
- Write the Payee Name: the name has to be an exact match with the recipient government-issued ID. Typically, the line starts with “pay to the order of”.
This is a very critical step. I will suggest before writing the payee’s name. You request a picture of the person’s government-issued ID. As a consequence, you will know the proper spelling and the name order of the recipient. Because if there are any mistakes either in the name orders, or spelling the payment will not be processed.
- Write the account number if you’re paying a bill. It’s very common to find money orders that have a “payment for/account number” field.
Before you write the account number make sure you double-check the account information properly.
- Fill out your personal information
Follow the instruction on the form as the purchaser/remitter/sender in the respective field. In addition, use your full legal name and your current mailing address.
- Sign the front of the MoneyGram Money Order
This makes the money order official. The back is to be signed by the recipient before collecting the money.
MoneyGram Money Order is just like checks. You have to have to sign the front to make it valid. In addition, the recipient has to endorse it by signing the back.
- Keep the Money Order receipt
It is the proof of purchase, it has tracking information for monitoring. Also, in case the money order is stolen, misplaced, or lost you can use the receipt as a reference. Store the money order in a safe place. Usually, the detachable part should be your receipt.
- Where to find Money Orders?
MoneyGram orders are only available at banks, credit unions, financial institutions, and some retail chain stores. In the USA for example, most CVS stores offer MoneyGram services.
- How to purchase a Money Order?
You can purchase a Money Order with cash, traveler’s checks, or your debit card. However, you can take advantage of the cash advance perks of your credit card. However, it would generate high-interest rates and fees.
- Amount limit
Generally, Money Orders are limited to less than $1000.
2. Watch the follow video for more clarification
3. Where to find the nearest Moneygram location
Use this Moneygram search tool below to find the closest MoneyGram Location. Choose your country and input your location.