Passive income is everyone’s dream. The ability to make money while sleeping or enjoying yourself at a beach on a sunny day. Frankly who won’t like that. Many people have weight in and abundantly written about the topic. Read about Gary Vaynerchuck takes on it. In this article, I want to share with you what I Consider as the best passive income idea, I have ever come across.
You will read, watch or listen to content about this idea or that idea. Typically it is all about asset businesses like a blog or real estate. But have you ever heard about investing in people?
So how can you invest for a lifelong passive income stream
1. Build a community: You can do that online by leveraging a blog or a website to sell digital content and keep them engaged. Or you can develop your legit network marketing scheme. The good thing with network marketing is you can basically develop it for any type of business. The more you have people enrolling in your scheme the more money you make and it would grow by itself.
I will recommend building a network marketing empire around foods and cosmetic products or at least gravitate around Fast-moving products.
With a blog or a website, you have to develop content upfront for a couple of months perhaps years, optimize your SEO then publish and wait for the magic to happen. But make sure you publish quality contents. You can start with a couple of articles around 30 then continuously optimize.
I will recommend selling digital products such as e-books, audios, videos, music, articles, and books.
2. Develop a personal student loan program: You invest in a person or a group a person by paying their college degree or trade school program in exchange every paycheck you will get 1%. Furthermore, it is a model that has been around for a very long time. There is an unlimited market to tap into. You should always keep it between 0.5% to 1%.
I will recommend being extremely transparent upfront. Get an agreement signed. After all, a company can go bankrupt and disappear but an individual might be around for a while. You can work with students from underprivileged countries. Because the cost of entry is lower and they have very limited options. For example, $400 per year can cover a student cost for a year.
3. Agent: In my opinion, a good agent works 2 to 4 months per year. His main goal is to secure a multi-year deal for the person he represents. Think about those who invested in The Spice Girls band in the UK or the agent of the world most valuable sports players or entertainers.
I will recommend industries such as music, films or sport. But first, you have to make sure the person really has a talent. Also, transparency and honesty are critical.
1. Invest in the stock market: You can find a broker and give the person the money and let him do the work. However, be aware of scams and pyramid schemes. So make your due diligence if possible hire a professional to run all the investigation.
2. Equity Investor: as an investor, all you will do is just showing up at a board meeting once every quarter then go back to the beach. You don’t need to earn million to make your way through the investment career. Even a little as $1000 per year investment will go a long way if put towards a high-value startup or project.
I will recommend you to focus on already existing small businesses or startups with clear cash flows generation and a monthly payout.
3. Currency trade: This is a more complicated strategy but the more valuable foreign exchange you have, the ability to make good money. Imagine you have some euros at then USD drops against the Euro by 20%, you will be 20% richer in Dollars. Just as simple as that. Moreover keeping a certain level of foreign currencies is a good idea to have.
I will recommend you to always have at least 1000 worth of European Euro, Norwegian Krone, Australian Dollar and British Sterling Pound currency stored somewhere. Because they are one of the most stable currencies in the world.
4. Gold: it is the world most valuable metal and a safe haven. Have you ever asked yourself why central banks around the world use this as their respective currency reserve? If they do, why don’t you?
I will recommend having at least $2000 worth of gold in your safe.
Investing in real estate is definitely one of the best ways to build passive income. that is because all you have to do is to buy in a property and then either rent/lease it out or wait for it to take value and leverage home equity’
But before you do please ask yourself those questions:
- Do you want to buy the property for family purposes or for rental?
- Do you want to use for both?
- Are you looking to develop a new project or buy from existing markets?
Answers to those questions will help you determine, a location and a tentative budget. Moreover, if you choose rental/lease it is advisable to use a property management company to protect yourself against tenant abuses.
Renting is super chill and at the same time, it requires a lot more effort from the owner. You can maximize your income by renting directly. But be prepared to deal with homeowner challenges. For example late night call from tenants to complain about x, y, and z. In addition to finding a reliable tenant. But making a good return on investment on rental can be extremely challenging. That is why people typically leverage the extra income available to put into property rental. It is a means to store extra money.
This is probably where the money is if done right. You find a property in a realitive good neighborhood, buy the house at a good price renovate it then sell it at the market price. The challenge here is to find the house you can buy at a good price.
3. Home equity
This probably one of the best way to make money from real estate. Basically, you buy a property and once it takes value. You can live from the extra money collected above the price you bought the house without selling the property. The downside is you need the housing market to constantly appreciate itself and you will need to know the perfect time to sell.
I will recommend looking into the co-property investment strategy to limit your financial exposure and get good deals in prime locations. However, make sure you do your due diligence. In addition, explore up and coming locations rather than investing in an already mature or trending market. Finally, find a mentor a real estate veteran to coach you and guide you throughout the process.
Passive income is awesome. You can choose one of those or a combination of all to achieve your financial freedom. Whatever strategy you choose, keep in mind you will need to put in some work up front to enjoy a good revenue stream. Typically at least 1 year of hard work.