Building a community can yield enormous opportunities for its members. Because at its core logic the success of the community = sum total of individual successes. We have numerous examples that serve as a testimonial of the ability of people to achieve collective greatness.
When people come together nothing is impossible.
Across cultures and history, we have acknowledged the effect of team prowess. Accordingly, we can highlight some:
- Africa, Ubuntu, I am because of you. The concept does not only represent a philosophy but also a set of social norms that put humanity, collaboration at the center of everything.
- In Israel, the Kibbutz movement embodies those values of collaboration, teamwork, collective success, and community achievements. As a result of a group of people sharing common interests and goals.
- Furthermore, the concept of microfinance and microcredit pioneered by Nobel Prize winner, Muhammad Yunus has dramatically improved people’s lives by leveraging the power of the community.
An African old proverb says: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“. Finding ways and opportunities to collaborate with your neighbor, roommate, colleague, family members, friends will make the community stronger. Consequently, community structures have been proven to be a strong catalyst contrary to general belief to individual progress. assessing the way we envision life from “I” to “We” will only make us happier, productive, and stronger.
Advantages of shifting mindset from “I” to “We” :
- Makes us more likable, friendly and easily approachable
- Connecting with like-minded people helps unlock opportunities
- Valuable and genuine support from people strengthened communities, reduced violence and alleviate poverty