- 1. The U.S. has more than 21.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases and 365,300 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
- 2. The White House coronavirus task force sent states a report warning that there might be a “USA variant” of the coronavirus responsible for the current infection surge.
- 3 The Covid-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to provide protection against the new highly contagious U.K. and South African variants, according to a preliminary laboratory study.
- 4. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, predicted the COVID-19 death toll will continue to rise this month as the U.S. hits more than 4,000 daily deaths.
- 5. North Carolina prison officials are considering offering prisoners who decided to get a coronavirus vaccine more guest visitations and other perks.
- 1. Donald Trump says he won’t attend Biden’s inauguration.
- 2. Sen. Kelly Loeffler concedes in Thursday’s speech, her race to Sen.-elect Raphael Warnock.
- 3. House Democrats to introduce the articles of impeachment allege Mr. Trump engaged in “high crimes and misdemeanors by willfully inciting violence against the government of the United States.”
- 4. GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Friday that she believes President Trump should resign immediately.
- 5. A U.S. federal judge in California on Friday blocked the Trump administration a new asylum system rule.
- 1. After, the drop in nonfarm payrolls of 140,000 in December. Job Losses in 2020 Were Worst Since 1939.
- 2. Joe Biden vows to seek trillions of dollars in new stimulus to shore up the economy. Next week the elected President will unveil his economic plan.
- 3. Joe Biden vows to raise the federal minimum wage to $15/hour.
- 4. U.S. economy loses jobs as COVID-19 hammers restaurants, bars.
- 5. Telsa electric-car maker’s market capitalization reach more than $800 billion for the first time ever and inching closer to the trillion-dollar club.
The fallout of the chaos in Washington
- 1. Social media companies are blocking President Donald Trump accounts.Google on Friday suspended social media platform Parler from its app store.Apple calls on the platform to tighten its content moderation rules or risk permanent removal.Twitter permanently suspended @realDonaldTrump
- 2. Right-wing extremists vow to return to Washington for Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20.
3. Five People died in the U.S District of Columbia Riots including a U.S. Capitol Police officer.
4. A laptop was stolen from the office of U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi during the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.
5. At least 13 people from states as far away as Florida, Illinois and Alabama face charges including gun crimes, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and assaulting an officer.
- 1. Iran’s Supreme Leader has banned COVID-19 vaccines from the United States and Britain.
2. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un called for more advanced nuclear weapons and said the United States is “our biggest enemy,”
3. The United Kingdom recorded its highest daily death toll on Friday since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. The United States on Friday imposed sanctions on an Iraqi militia leader and former national security adviser.
5. World leaders shocked after supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump, stormed the U.S. Congress.