- Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech will supply 100 million more doses of their coronavirus vaccine to the United States. Also,the government has the option to acquire up to an additional 400 million doses.
- A new variant of the coronavirus has been discovered in South Africa. Moreover,the new variant appears to be more transmissible.
- A coronavirus patient in California (Jesse Martinez,37) allegedly killed an 82-year-old covid-19 patient with an oxygen tank. Later, he was charged with murder, a hate crime enhancement, and elder abuse.
- Nearly 4 in 10 Americans say they would “definitely” or “probably” not get a vaccine. That is according to a recent survey by the Pew Research Center. Surely, prompting The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to launch a $250 million marketing campaign to build trust in the coronavirus vaccines.
- California registered more than two million COVID-19 cases on Wednesday. That is according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- President Trump granted full pardons to 26 more people on Wednesday night. Among those were his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, longtime associate Roger Stone. But more importantly, Charles Kushner, the father of Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner.
- President Trump on Wednesday vetoed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Actually, The House and Senate passed the $740 billion defense spending bill with veto-proof majorities. Consequently, setting the stage for a fight with Congress.
- Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Wednesday blasted President Trump’s latest pardons of political allies as “rotten to the core.”
- The State Department has notified Congress that it is moving forward with issuing a license for the sale of bombs to Saudi Arabia.
- Former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has filed paperwork with New York City to run for mayor. Essentially, joining a crowded field.
- The Chinese government is conducting an anti-monopoly probe into Alibaba.
- Apple Inc is moving forward with its self-driving car technology ambitions.
- The digital payments company Square Inc., has expressed interest in buying Tidal.
- The number of first-time unemployment-benefits filers decelerated to 803,00. Indeed,economists expected claims to rise to 888,000.
- Google will open a “cloud region” in the Gulft. Consequently, providing its cloud service via a joint venture with state-owned oil producer Saudi Aramco.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
202 total views, 2 views today