- Vaccination cards will be issued to coronavirus vaccine recipients.
- More than 100,200 Americans were hospitalized as of Wednesday due to the coronavirus for the first time since the outbreak began in early 2020, per the COVID Tracking Project.
- The U.S. recorded 2,733 deaths on Wednesday, the U.S. COVID Tracking Project reported, the second-highest total behind May 7, 2,769 died of coronavirus-related issues
- A Hawaii couple (Wesley Moribe and Courtney Peterson) has been arrested after they boarded a flight home while allegedly knowing they had COVID-19.
- The U.K.’s announcement Wednesday that it had granted a temporary authorization for emergency use of a vaccine developed and produced by Pfizer and the German company BioNTech
- President Trump will travel this weekend to Valdosta, Georgia this weekend to rally for Senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue tight in a runoff election on January 5
- Ivanka Trump was deposed on Tuesday as a part of an ongoing lawsuit from Washington D.C. attorney general Karl Racine. Karl Racine sued Mr. Trump’s inaugural committee and the businesses overseeing Trump International Hotel in Washington back in January, claiming the nonprofit inaugural committee coordinated with Trump family members to overpay for event space in a way that enriched the Trumps.
- Attorneys L. Lin Wood and Sidney Powell reportedly urged Georgia voters this week not to vote in the pivotal Senate runoff elections in January until their vote is “secure,”
- President Donald Trump to potentially terminate Attorney General William Barr
- Republicans said they would not add a repeal demanded by President Trump of a legal shield for social media companies, and Democrats said they were prepared for a veto showdown.
- The NFL could switch to training camp-like models in order to make it work due to Covid-19 outbreak.
- The Washington Wizards and Houston Rockets have agreed to trade John Wall and Russell Westbrook, in a blockbuster deal, the teams announced Wednesday.
- 2020-21 UEFA Champions League scores
Manchester United 1, Paris Saint Germain 3
Borussia Dortmund 1, Lazio 1
Ferencvaros0, FC Barcelona 3
Sevilla 0, Chelsea 4
Juventus 3, Dynamo Kyiv 0
Krasnodar 1, Rennes 0
Club Brugge 3, zenith 0
Istanbul Basaksehir 3, RB Leipzig 4
4. Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James has agreed to a two-year, $85 million contract extension.
5. All three Ball sons are now on an NBA roster.
Lonzo – Pelicans
LiAngelo – Pistons
LaMelo – Hornets
- If a Chinese company doesn’t disclose more information, they could risk removal from U.S. stock exchanges under the new legislation, which President Trump is expected to sign.
- UPS reportedly told its drivers on Cyber Monday to stop picking up packages at some of the largest retailers in the U.S. after they reached capacity allocations set by the delivery company.
- House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer urged McConnell, a Republican, to immediately engage in negotiations, using the $908 billion initiative as a foundation.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin urged Congress to approve COVID-19 relief funds without further delay
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he has spoken with his presumed successor, Janet Yellen, about ending several Federal Reserve emergency coronavirus lending facilities
183 total views, 1 views today