- The state of California is distributing 5,000 body bags mostly to the hard-hit Los Angeles and San Diego areas and has 60 refrigerated trailers standing by as makeshift morgues in anticipation of a surge of COVID-19 deaths, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday.
- China will suspend inbound international flight routes if five or more people test positive for covid-19 when they land, the Civil Aviation Administration of China said in a statement on Wednesday.
- State health officials say Wisconsin could receive 100,000 doses of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine as early as next week.
- Germany reported a record level of coronavirus deaths 179.8 virus deaths per 100,000 residents over the last seven days. As it entered a harder lockdown Wednesday, closing shops and schools to try to bring down stubbornly high new daily infections.
- A pandemic atlas: USA by the numbers, telling and horrifying by Associated Press News: https://apnews.com/article/mlb-pandemics-coronavirus-pandemic-8d4b4db61ca93c8b4a7b7827313fa0f6
- Joe Biden plans to name Mayor Pete Buttigieg as his transportation secretary as early as today, tapping a former rival to help rebuild America’s infrastructure, according to three people familiar with the matter.
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) officially addressed Joe Biden as president-elect on Tuesday, saying in a speech on the Senate floor: “The Electoral College has spoken.”
- The Presidential Inaugural Committee issued a statement Tuesday urging the public to “refrain from any travel and participate in the inaugural activities from home” due to COVID-19.
- President Donald Trump is considering pushing to have a special counsel appointed to advance a federal tax investigation into the son of President-elect Joe Biden, setting up a potential showdown with incoming acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen.
- Several of President Trump’s neighbors in Palm Beach, Fla. are stressing that he is legally barred from taking up primary residence at his Mar-a-Lago resort after leaving the White House. Residents cited an agreement Trump signed in 1993 to convert the facility to a private club. The agreement bars members from spending more than 21 days per year there or for more than seven days straight.
- Twitter announced that it will phase out Periscope, the live-streaming video app it bought more than five years ago, by March 2021.
- The German government on Wednesday moved to allow the use of Huawei’s technology in 5G mobile networks in exchange for assurances by the Chinese vendor about the safety of its gear, in a rebuke to the Trump administration.
- Massachusetts securities regulators are expected to file a complaint Wednesday against the wildly popular trading platform operated by Robinhood Financial LLC, alleging the company aggressively marketed to inexperienced investors and failed to implement controls to protect them.
- The staff of the Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday endorsed the emergency use of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, a critical step forward in winning formal clearance to be administered to the public as early as next week.
- The U.S. Treasury labeled Switzerland and Vietnam as currency manipulators on Wednesday and added three new names to a watch list of countries it suspects of taking measures to devalue their currencies against the dollar.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
192 total views, 1 views today