- The first of many freezer-packed COVID-19 vaccine vials made their way to distribution sites across the United States on Sunday.
- Hospital systems nationwide should expect the first shipments of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to arrive Monday, Gen. Gustave Perna, chief operating officer of Operation Warp Speed, said Saturday. An estimated 2.9 million doses will be distributed within the first week.
- More than 16 million Covid-19 cases have now been recorded in the U.S., according to NBC News’ tally.
- Bahrain said Sunday it approved the use of a Chinese coronavirus vaccine, following its earlier approval of a vaccine made by Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is using new technology that has never been used before in traditional vaccines called “mRNA”
- Electors from 50 states and the District of Columbia will gather today across the country to cast their ballots, which will confirm Joe Biden as the rightful 46th president and California Sen. Kamala Harris as vice president.
- President Trump tweeted Sunday night that he’s stopped an administration directive to give White House staff the COVID-19 vaccine as a priority, but he will get inoculated against the virus “at the appropriate time.”
- Police are investigating as possible hate crimes the tearing down and burning of a Black Lives Matter banner and sign from two historic Black churches (the Asbury United Methodist Church and the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church) during unrest at pro-Trump protests in Washington, D.C., over the weekend.
- Hackers who targeted the federal government, private companies appear to be part of a Russian intelligence campaign aimed at multiple U.S. agencies and companies, including the cybersecurity company FireEye, officials said Sunday.
- A man was fatally shot by police on the steps of a landmark New York City cathedral Sunday after he began firing two semiautomatic handguns just before 4 p.m. at the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, mother church of the Episcopal Diocese of New York, at the end of a Christmas choral concert, police said.
- Huntington Bancshares Agrees to Merge With TCF Financial in an all-stock deal. It is the latest in a recent string of regional-bank tie-ups and values TCF at nearly $6 billion.
- Vista Equity Partners Agrees to Buy Software Maker Pluralsight. The deal values Pluralsight at $20.26 a share, or $3.5 billion including debt, the companies said
- Global investors place Rmb1tn bet on China’s breakthrough thanks to reforms to open up the country’s financial system and decisive response to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- The credit crunch is hitting small US companies as money flows to big business.
- Target extends store hours for holiday shopping ahead of Christmas, reduces coronavirus senior hours
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
164 total views, 1 views today