1. New York Attorney General Letitia James released a report on Thursday alleging the New York State Department of Health may have undercounted nursing home COVID-19 deaths “by as much as 50%.”
2. South Carolina, public health officials have identified two cases of Covid-19 South African variants.
3. The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Wednesday is projected to record as many as 514,000 deaths from the coronavirus by Feb. 20
4. The Defense Department will offer the coronavirus vaccine to detainees at the Guantanamo Bay facility.
5. A mental health surge for the other pandemic.
3. Georgia election board member to seek state AG probe of Trump.
4. The U.S. Senate and House of Representatives will move next week on President Joe Biden’s plan to deliver a fresh infusion of COVID-19 relief to Americans and businesses reeling from the pandemic, top Democrats said on Thursday.
5. U.S. President Joe Biden will issue executive orders on immigration next week, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Thursday.
1. A Robinhood user filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday following the app’s decision to restrict GameStop trading on its platform.
2. WeWork is in talks to go public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
3.The U.S. economy contracted at its deepest pace since World War Two in 2020.
4. General Motors Co said on Thursday it was setting a goal to sell all its new cars, SUVs, and light pickup trucks with zero tailpipe emissions by 2035.
5. Boeing Reports Record Annual Loss.
1. A 72-year-old bottle of Glen Grant single malt whisky from Scotland is expected to fetch more than $38,000 in an auction in Hong Kong on Friday.
2. Johnson ‘immensely proud’ as visa offer for Hong Kong citizens launches.
3. The European Union and AstraZeneca clashed over the delayed delivery of millions of vaccines.
4. Novavax Inc. said Thursday that itsvaccine appears 89% effective based on early findings from a British study and that it also seems to work.
5. Lebanese rioters set fire to several buildings in the northern city of Tripoli Thursday as outrage over the country’s coronavirus lockdown.
Video from the web