Every day, we send out a one-page memo summarizing the 5 top trending news in America and the world. In today’s highlights, senate democrat, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Sekou Smith, President Joe Biden, Wallstreetbets, Reddit.
1. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Defense seek approximately 10,000 service members to support administering COVID-19 vaccine efforts nationwide.
2. January is the deadliest month of the coronavirus pandemic for the United States.
3. The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Wednesday is projected to record as many as 514,000 deaths from the coronavirus by Feb. 20
4. Sekou Smith,48, a Turner Sports NBA reporter died of COVID-19 complications.
5. White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday, that Pfizer and Moderna’s current Covid-19 vaccines can be easily adapted to target new strains of the virus.
3.The Department of Homeland Security issued a warning about national terrorism, violent domestic extremists, emboldened by the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. DHS also warned of more attacks to come.
4. Republicans are now likely to acquit ex-President Trump to improve their odds of reclaiming power in 2022.
5. The leader of the Proud Boys, who was arrested in Washington shortly before the Capitol riot, previously worked undercover and cooperated with investigators after he was accused of fraud in 2012, court documents show. (source AP)
1. Wall Street is locked in a battle of will between professional investors who live in Greenwich and amateur investors who congregate on Reddit. So far, the amateurs are winning, judging by increases in their chosen stocks, like GameStop and Bed, Bath & Beyond. (Source: Axios)
2. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday announced that political content popping up in users’ main news feed will be reduced.
3. A 57% rise in China sales among others help Apple Inc. earnings beat Wall Street expectations.
4. Tesla Inc’s fourth-quarter profit fell short of Wall Street expectations on Wednesday.
5. Boeing Reports Record Annual Loss.
1. The United Kingdom is reporting the highest transmission and death rate in the world, according to the World Health Organization.
2. Chinese authorities have rolled out coronavirus tests that rely on anal swabs saying is more accurate.
3. The European Union and AstraZeneca clashed over the delayed delivery of millions of vaccines.
4. Third consecutive nights of anti-lockdown violence in the Netherlands.
5. Moscow police arrested on Wednesday jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny’s family and associates
Video from the web