Every day, we send out a one-page memo summarizing the 5 top trending news in America and the world. In today’s highlights, Janet Yellen, Ex-president Donald Trump’s impeachment trial, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, President Joe Biden.
1. Moderna is tweaking its coronavirus vaccine to make it more effective against emerging variants of the virus, the company announced Monday.
2. Minnesota public health officials announced the first reported case of Brazil coronavirus variant in the United States.
3. President Joe Biden said Monday the country can administer 1.5 million shots a day in the coming weeks and give 150 million vaccinations over the next 100 days, “with the grace of God.”
4. “In the coming weeks, Covid-19 vaccination locations will be available in Google Search and Maps, starting with Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas, with more states and countries to come,” Google CEO Sundar Pichai said in a blog post.
5. California health officials lifted its stay-at-home orders for all regions statewide Monday.
3. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, President Trump’s former spokeswoman is running for Governor in Arkansas.
4. The article of impeachment against President Trump has been delivered to the Senate, andpresented, exhibited, and read it aloud.
5. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Monday that he will allow the 50-50 Senate to officially organize so Democrats can take control of key committees in the chamber after a weeklong battle with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer over the rights of the minority to stall legislation.
1.Budweiser Anheuser-Busch InBev will not run ads during the super bowl. But rather utilize the ads money to support Covid-19 vaccine awareness and access
3. President Biden signed Buy American Order for Government Procurement executive order on Monday to make it harder for federal agencies to purchase imported products and revise the definition of American-made goods.
4. China overtook the U.S. as the world’s top destination for new foreign direct investment last year. Indeed, direct investments by foreign companies climb 4% in China while it fell 49% in 2020 in The United States, according to U.N. figures released Sunday.
5. China overtook the U.S. as the world’s top destination for new foreign direct investment last year. Indeed, direct investments by foreign companies climb 4% in China while it fell 49% in 2020 in The United States, according to U.N. figures released Sunday.
1.China reported a fall in new COVID-19 infections.
2. Russian President Vladimir Putin condemned weekend protests demanding the release of jailed Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny as dangerous and illegal.
3. Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte is set to resign on Tuesday, his office said.
4. Indian and Chinese security forces had a scuffle along their disputed border in the Himalayas last week, the Indian army said Monday.
5. Dubai replaces the Dubai Health Authority Chief as Covid-19 Infections Surge in the Kingdom.
Video from the web