Every day, we send out a one-page memo summarizing the 5 top trending news in America and the world. In today’s highlights, senate democrat, Trump impeachment trial, SpaceX, Covid relief bill, President Joe Biden, Northeast storm.
1. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued guidelines ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday.
2. Nebraska GOP Gov. Pete Ricketts said Monday that he would quarantine after coming into close contact with someone who later tested positive for COVID-19.
3. Only 37.5% of nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities staff got at least one vaccination clinic between the middle of December and the middle of January.
4. Pregnant women are concerned about whether to get the COVID vaccine due to a lack of data.
5. A mental health surge for the other pandemic.
3. House Democratic leaders are to remove GOP Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene from several key committees.
4. Biden asks U.S. Supreme Court to cancel the upcoming oral argument about the “remain in Mexico” asylum policy and to delay the U.S.-Mexico border wall funding, “remain in Mexico” asylum policy.
5. Former President Donald Trump announced on Sunday that his legal defense for the upcoming impeachment trial will be led by attorneys David Schoen and Bruce Castor.
1. SpaceX announced on Monday that it will launch the world’s first all-civilian mission to Mars in the fourth quarter of 2021.
2. United Airlines said on Friday it warned some 14,000 employees that they might be furloughed.
3. A social media-driven buying spree lifted silver to an eight-year high on Monday.
4. Alphabet Inc will report the cost and operating profit of its Google Cloud business for the first time on Tuesday.
5. A Major snowstorm affecting more than 100 million people in the Northeast, forced shutdowns, and blackouts.
1.The UAE passport, which is ranked as one of the best in the world for mobility, will be offered to select foreigners and professionals.
2. U.S. President Joe Biden on Monday threatened to reimpose sanctions on Myanmar following a coup by the country’s military leaders.
3. Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday his ruling AK Party and its nationalist allies may start work on drafting a new constitution.
4. South Africa on Monday, received one million shots of coronavirus vaccine.
5. AstraZeneca to supply E.U. with more coronavirus vaccine doses bringing to an end a feud between two partners.
Video from the web