How to Fill Out a Western Union Money Order
Western Union helps people move money abroad and it also provides a vast variety of financial services including a western union money order. If you are looking to fill out a western union money order for the first time? Master these things to avoid any mistakes. Indeed it is important to make sure everything is filled out correctly and properly.
7 things to remember when filling Out a Western Union Money Order
- The amount you paid matches the amount printed on the money order.
- Keep track of the location where the money order was purchased in case of any disputes or issues. Indeed, you can always go back to file a claim and it would be easily check in the record.
- Write the Payee Name: the name has to be an exact match with the recipient government issued ID. Typically, the line starts with “pay to the order of”.
- Write the account number if you’re paying a bill. It’s very common to find money orders that have a “payment for/account number” field. Typically you will find this useful option in some countries.
- Fill out your information as the purchaser/remitter/sender in the respective field. In addition, use your full legal name and your current mailing address.
- Sign the front of the Western Union Money Order: This makes the money order official. The back is to be signed by the recipient before collecting the money. This is a very important attribute, make sure to emphasize it to the attribute.
- Keep the Money Order receipt: As proof of purchase, it has tracking information for monitoring. Also in case the money order is stolen, misplaced or lost you can use the receipt as a reference. Store the money order in a safe place. Usually, the detachable part should be your receipt.
3 things to remember when buying a Western Union Money Order
- Where to find Money Orders? Money orders are only available at banks, credit unions, financial institutions, post offices, delis, and some retail chain stores. Every single neighborhood has a location or just follow the yellow and black logo.
- How to purchase a Money Order? You can purchase a Money Order with cash, traveler’s checks or your debit card. However, you can take advantage of the cash advance perks of your credit card. But it would generate high-interest rate and fees.
- Amount limit: in general Money Orders are limited to less than $1000.
Western Union, money order is pretty simple and easy to fill out. Chances are you will find extra help if you are stuck in the process. Moreover, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance if needed. In addition, the service is widely popular and they have done a good job of expanding their offerings. Consequently, don’t be surprised if you see multiple options at any of their locations including online services. Always remember to send pick up references to the recipient. Be as specific as you can to make sure the recipient gets all the details. Make sure the receiver has received the amount.